[WikiEN-l] Few questions...

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:18:10 UTC 2006

On 3/13/06, Guettarda <guettarda at gmail.com> wrote:
> While, granted, my RFA was a lifetime ago (last summer), it came right on
> the heels of very deep involvement in a major debate (BCE/CE debate).  The
> debate was split roughly 50-50, and I was one of the major players arguing
> for one position.  While this was mentioned on my RFA, it only earned me one
> oppose vote.

The difference is that there was never any chance of that issue being
fought over at an admin vs admin level. In that exchange it didn't
matter much if you were an admin or not. This time around there has
been far more direct admin admin conflict with both deletion and
protection being used by admins trying to get their way. Thus it makes
no sense to allow people who have actively opposed your position to
have an admin flag.

The same happened to a lesser degree with the inclusionist/deletion conflict.

--
geni