[WikiEN-l] April Fool's Day proposal

Sherool jamydlan at online.no
Tue Mar 7 22:07:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 02:54:38 +0100, NSLE (Wikipedia)
<nsle.wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Allow political userboxen? *runs*
> --NSLE
>
> On 3/7/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3/6/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > What would REALLY mess with people's heads would be announcing some
>> > dramatic change in policy like the abolishment of Articles For
>> > Deletion on April 1, and then sticking with it.
>>
>> Done by google.

We could re-format the Main Page to list all information in userbox
format, and declare that due to popular demand all articles should
henseforth be made up of a series of userboxes instead of all that
tiresome text... Although that whole issue might be too touchy to toy with
even on April 1.

On more serious note I'd just like to ask people to *please* limit
themselves to free licensed images when doing the compulsary photoshopped
Jimbo images and what not (or at least have them all deleted the next
day). There are enough copyvio images to clean out on a regular wikiday as
it is without ending up with long fights over "parody" fair use claims for
months or even years afterwards, like
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wiki-gonzales.jpg> from last year.
Sure it's fun, but it gives people the wrong idea about fair use on
Wikipedia if we start keeping a lot of these patody pictures around in
project space.

--
[[User:Sherool]]