[WikiEN-l] Incoming!!!

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 15:23:12 UTC 2006

In message <fbad4e140603070556w33272ae9v at mail.gmail.com>, David Gerard
<dgerard-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes
>    http://rohitbhargava.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/using_wikipedia.html

Actually, I wish we could have more posters like this. He's advocating

     * Give up control, people will take your original content and change
it completely.
     * It is ok to put in "corporate" content, as long as it is relevant
to the community.
     * Let it live and breath, only step in to correct inaccurate
information
     * Make sure your own content is not getting pushed out of search
results by this new content

I don't have any problems with those, though how he expects the last to
happen once Google gets hold of the Wikipedia article and all its
mirrors I have no idea.

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/