[WikiEN-l] An alternative to "critics"

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:04:40 UTC 2006

On 7/31/06, Lord Voldemort <lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's still weasel words. How about, "So and So from ''newspaper X''
> have written that that dude messed up and should be fired. <source
> from newspaper X by So and So>"  Be specific.  Who are these
> "commentators" or "critics".  If it is a general feeling, then is
> there some sort of poll that could show that?  --LV

Obviously specific quotes are the best solution. But the wiki model
strongly encourages the addition of "better" while waiting for "best".

At least by saying "some commentators", you're not trying to imply
that it was a "general feeling" - it's simply *some* (preferably
notable) people expressed that opinion.

Incidentally, the other day I did a google search for "considered to
be", "widely considered" and a couple of others at wikipedia, and
turned up 700,000 matches. It was amusing.

Steve