[WikiEN-l] giving medical advice

zero 0000 nought_0000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 05:14:48 UTC 2006

Sorry if this has been discussed before.  I just noticed
that [[Abdominal thrusts]] gives detailed advice on how to
perform a medical procedure.  Maybe there are other such
articles too.  Given the fashionable practice of filing
suit whenever a medical procedure fails to work, it seems
to me that this is rather dangerous for Wikipedia.
Wouldn't it be legally safer (and more likely to be
medically correct) if the actual procedure in such articles
was presented as a direct quotation from a named medical
authority?   With permission, of course.  Maybe there should
also be a disclaimer.

Zero.