[WikiEN-l] User:Hillman's arguments

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Jul 27 17:21:26 UTC 2006

Jesse W wrote:

>I just replaced the content of my user page with the following.  I
>thought I would mention this on the list, also, as the resulting
>discussion might be useful.

Hmm, didn't you just a couple days ago dismiss my
observations in the same vein with a "go make your own fork"?

To some extent, Hillman is overreacting; out of curiosity I
spot-checked some of his articles, and other people's edits I saw
since he stopped working on them a year ago were to fix typos,
update template usage, and the like, the text itself being
carefully preserved. It seems that even the vandals are
intimidated by his contributions. :-)

Even so, many of his observations are spot on, and we always need
to be thinking about whether our social structure is actually
serving the overall goal, or just keeping us busy.

Stan