[WikiEN-l] Dead wikipedians and how to really make a project boring to death

Silas Snider swsnider at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 04:13:22 UTC 2006

Except when process protects us from (potentially lenghty and costly)
legal proceedings. Without a tag, it is not clear whether we have the
right to even host the image.

Sincerely,
Silas Snider
(en:User:Simonfairfax)

On 7/26/06, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'd sooner make the (somewhat suspect) claim of fair use - after all, it's
> > > an article about the subject, etc.
> >
> > In thoery you could ask his estate but they might be difficult to get hold of.
> >

> > --
> > geni
>
> I think you are all missing Antheres point. Who cares whether it's
> fair use or not? Do we really have to be so anal about the rules that
> we will infact bring this to IfD, instead of just quietly ignoring the
> copyright issue in this very special unique case. We are people, for
> christs sake, not automatons! Sometimes, process is not that
> important.
>
> --Oskar

Silas Snider is a proud member of the Association of Wikipedians Who
Dislike Making Broad Judgements About the Worthiness of a General Category
of Article, and Who Are In Favor of the Deletion of Some Particularly Bad
Articles, but That Doesn't Mean They are Deletionist
(AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTD) , and the Harmonious
Editing Club of Wikipedia.