[WikiEN-l] fancruft

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jul 26 22:31:54 UTC 2006

mboverload wrote:

>I'm not sure why you're mentioning it, but I recently changed every mention
>of Pokemon to Pokémon.
>
>mboverload
>
>On 7/25/06, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>

>>A single sentence in your Pokémon article could be, "The names of the
>>Pokemon characters are 'Pikachu, Bulbasaurus, ...'."   :-) In deference
>>to an other class of luddites I would then omit the accent from "Pokémon".

I'm not sure what your arguing about in your top post to an out of
context quote.  It's not important enough for me to trace that back.  I
need to assume that the "you" in my comment referred to you, and IIRC
you wanted to limit the article to one paragraph.  I was merely making a
suggestion for one sentence that that paragraph could include.

So am I safe to say that you made your above comment so that you could
get a virtual pat on the back for your efforts?  If so I hereby offer
that to you.

A few years ago there was a big debate over whether names should include
accents, and I believe that was settled back then.  This doesn't meant
that we don't have a few retro-luddites who would still believe that the
results should have been different.

:-)
Ec