[WikiEN-l] Categories for deletion/discussion issues

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 26 01:34:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:10:20PM +0200, Steve Bennett wrote:
> On 7/25/06, Adam Lorenz <kungfuadam at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I suppose "limited access" would be the same as motorways. They have on and
> >off ramps instead of at grade crossings.
>
> In Australia, that's a freeway (or a tollway!). And highways have a
> bit of both. Don't think we use the term "motorway" much, but we do
> use "motorist". I'm also not sure which of "dual carriageway" and
> "divided highway" we use more. See the confusion of Australia? We
> recognise nearly all the terms, and have trouble arbitrarily deciding
> which one to use.
>
> Steve

And to even confuse it further we have the Calder freeway in Melbourne
that has a stratch that is not limited access. There are cars coming in
from all angles and cars crossing, and lots of people killing
themselves. They have reduced the spped limit but it is stll called a
freeway.

The only think we will agree on is "Road"

--
Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) b_duke at bigbond.net.au - NB New! Old still works
       Post: 626 Melbourne Rd, Spotswood, VIC, 3015, Australia