[WikiEN-l] "Exclusion" essay

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jul 25 03:44:57 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:

>On 7/22/06, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>

>>Definitely a constructive approach.  Can we read something into the fact
>>that all the heavy discussion in this thread has focussed on only one of
>>the four areas outlined in the essay?
>>

>Yes. It's apparently very difficult to define the problem with
>fictional universes, besides the fact that people are biased against
>them. I, too, am biased against them, but can't find many decent
>reasons for that.

Maybe many of us are just plain ambiguous  about these pop-culture
related topics.  At the same time I was heartened by the thread about
the Australian newspaper that praised Wikipedia for its work in this
area.  I confess that when I am being the passive user I am more likely
to use Wikipedia as a first choice to find out about pop-culture
questions than about almost any other subject.

Ec