[WikiEN-l] Categories for deletion/discussion issues

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 23 21:25:03 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:49:22 -0400, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So instead you prefer a term which has *no* meaning in *most* places?

>Yes, because its meaning is consistent. [[Category:Elevators]] includes
>lifts.

[[WP:NBD]].  My kids know what an elevator is, they don't know what a
freeway is.  Given that the words for this type of road in just about
every other language I can think of translate to "motor road" or
"motor way" perhaps that would be the least ambiguous thing.  But
limited-access highway, or restricted access highway, is also
unambiguous without carrying the usual overtones of America = The
World, per the World Series etc.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk