[WikiEN-l] fancruft

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 08:15:25 UTC 2006

On 7/21/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> Not all articles use something as a source for itself (e.g., using an
> episode of Friends as a source on what happened in an episode of
> Friends).

An article about an episode that cites nothing but the episode itself
is a poor article. It amounts to an article about the Mona Lisa simply
putting a high resolution copy of the image and saying "you can see
for yourself". In order not to violate NOR, we could say very little
about the episode. We couldn't say if it was good or bad. We couldn't
say what fans thought about it. We couldn't say if the jokes were
funny. We couldn't say it was the first time Rachael kissed Ross.

We could say "The episode lasted 23 minutes". We could offer a plot
summary. We could describe some of the gags. How boring.

Steve