[WikiEN-l] "Exclusion" essay

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:27:28 UTC 2006

On 20/07/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> The status quo, as I understand it, is that for seriously popular
> series/books etc, each major character can have its own article,
> otherwise they should be grouped. Each instalment/book/episode can
> have its own article. However, except for rare examples, *places* in
> fictional universes do not get articles, nor do events, types of
> vehicles (Star Wars is exceptional here) However, even still, minor
> characters in major series do not get their own articles. Why not?
> Well, that's the question we're trying to resolve here.

I agree with this generally, though perhaps I'd be a little more
liberal in certain aspects. I apologise if I misconceived your
opinions, but the last part of the essay came across as a little too
deletionist to be describing the status quo.

I certainly think we could afford a little more space to a non-major
characters, places and things; but I'm not way out there. I'll take
another look at the essay this evening.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)