[WikiEN-l] "Exclusion" essay

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:36:24 UTC 2006

> Maybe take it from the other point of view: the *only* problem with
> excessive fancruft is that it damages our credibility.

I don't believe we should compromise our acceptance of content because
we worry that some will think less of us. It is not our aim to
perfectly match the role of the traditional encyclopedia. We are going
to include some content that some think is below them (or should not
be in an encyclopedia), that's fine and it isn't our problem. If a
user doesn't wish to read about [[Bulbasaur]] then they should take my
lead and avoid it.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)