[WikiEN-l] Human dignity

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 08:46:57 UTC 2006

On 7/15/06, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I don't even see what's so undignified about this particular incident
> that anyone would argue it on that basis in the first place. Everyone
> does boneheaded things from time to time.

This particular incident may only be embarrassing; what is undignified
is AP's reportage using a full name. What would likewise be
undignified would be the immortalisation of this in a biography,
forever linking this person's name with this event and this event
alone (there is no other biographical information available), as if
that was the sum total of their life.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com