[WikiEN-l] Borderline notable bios (yes, again)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:18:56 UTC 2006

(sorry for duplicate, Anthony)

On 14/07/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:

> > It is, of course, possible to be guilty of one thing and not guilty of
> > another. I know a chap who was convicted for a particularly farcical
> > robbery attempt; he's guilty, no doubt, and it wasn't a victimless
> > crime. But if I wandered around this evening and kicked him in the
> > face, he'd be pretty justified in considering himself an innocent
> > victim of my mindless assault.
> >
> > I don't see how Peppers being convicted of something means we should
> > help people kick *him* in the face because they feel like it.
> >
> I'm not advocating that we kick Peppers in the face, I'm advocating
> that we provide information about him in Wikipedia.

...why? Wikipedia is not a registry of sex offenders. We're an
*encyclopedia*. Being convicted of a crime was not, last I checked,
even remotely near any sensible threshold for inclusion...

Yes, we have "more of a right" to provide information about him than
about some other people... but that doesn't mean we need to, or that
anyone would be well-served by us doing so.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk