[WikiEN-l] Persondata?

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Tue Jul 11 17:51:15 UTC 2006

poore5 at adelphia.net wrote:
> Hello Magnus,
>
> Could you explain a little more about how you plan to use the tool?
>
> I have some concerns about using it on Biographies of living people on Wikipedia-en. We have too much unverified information added to these article. I strongly believe that each article needs to be examined closely to verify the content meets our Wikipedia:BLP guidelines before it is added to a template.

Well, it can't run fully automatically, there has to be a user making
the changes. I could prevent the tool from showing a template for people
with no death date (=probably living;-) if there's great concern about
that. Otherwise, the tool doesn't generate new data; it merely tries to
extract the data already in the article and put it into a form that is
more machine-readable.

Magnus