[WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:48:12 UTC 2006

On 7/3/06, Jon Awbrey <jawbrey at att.net> wrote:
> over the past six months.  But a modicum of incidental chit-chat
> aside from any greater purpose does not seem to be out of bounds
> with what I observe on a day-to-day basis on this List.

Parting shots at the community you're disenchanted with is not
"incidental chit chat".

> It is clear that some folks are desperately seeking any sort of excuse
> they can cook up not to listen to the kinds of responsible feedback that
> I am hardly alone in providing.  This is understandable in human terms --

You haven't provided any useful "responsible feedback". Instead,
criticisms, accusations of rot in the system that appear to be
unfounded, etc etc.

> bad news, even if accurate, especially when accurate, is never welcome --
> but it will not serve either the WP effort, nor any future effort of
> its kind, to ignore the lessons of actual experience.

This discussion is definitely not serving the WP effort.

> The bear-baiting and messenger-killing tactics --
> that some people will resort to in order to keep
> from having to consider any kind of critical analyis --

No, we like critical analysis, and we do a lot of it on this list.
We're seasoned navel-gazers, and proud of it. You've had your chance
to join in, but it's just not working out.

> are quite familiar as a rule:  A defender of the faith
> spews a flaming mass of pure invective into the forum,
> and the mildest response on the part of the invectee
> is then condemned as being off-topic.  Very typical,
> but hardly to the greater purpose.

Ok, can we move on now? Thanks.

Steve