[WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Jul 2 12:26:04 UTC 2006

G'day Rob,

> If the majority of editors on the page agree that the block quote is
> inappropriate, this is concensus.   If you disagree with this
> decision, you can initiate a discussion on the talk page, and ideally
> these editors would discuss the issue with you.

I hope this was just a brain fart, and you weren't really arguing that
majority == consensus.

If we have 7 editors discussing an article, and 4 think Jon's right and
3 think Jon's wrong (or vice versa), that could well, depending on the
circs, be described as "a bloody row", but not "consensus".

Cheers,

--
Mark Gallagher
"But the visibility was very poor, and you yourself admit that you were