[WikiEN-l] The admin problem

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:54:41 UTC 2006

True, but there are many types of openness -- backchannels are fine so
long as they are not appealed to as the basis of any particular
decision. Any logic worked out in a backchannel should be publicly
re-posted and open for discussion in some sort of santized form. One
can also alert to the presence of backchannel discussions (i.e. "Jimbo
and were having a discussion the other day...") without actually
making everyone privvy to them.

Transparency and lack of privacy are not the same thing, is all I am saying.

FF