[WikiEN-l] Trivia and popular culture sections

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:21:19 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, Rob <gamaliel8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The latter two are obvious dumps, but I'm going to quibble about the first
> one.  If a real historical figure plays a significant role in a fictional
> work, that's probably worth at least a small note.  Not the more
> important/famous figures (Hitler, Einstein, Lincoln) who show up in fiction
> with regularity, but less famous people like Turing probably have only
> popped up a few times.

I'd be tempted to do this in a 'see also' style, though - not much
descriptive text, just links.  The detail belongs in the article on
the fictional work, not on the historical figure.  Something like an
==Appearances in fiction== section, with simply a bulleted list with
little detail.  I think that looks better and puts the detail where it
belongs.

-Matt