[WikiEN-l] Appeal for community support

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:19:19 UTC 2006

> I don't understand this.  Why is an edit made in March 2006 easier to
> evaulate than one made in December 2004?

Because the people with whome you were edit warring with are under AC
restrictions now.

And if my good intentions aren't
> obvious to you after 1 1/2 years of intense editing, I don't see what magic
> you expect in the coming months.

During those 1 1/2 years you were edit warring. No one is doubtimg
your good intentions anyway. What we doubt is your ability to not edit
war.

> No-one is asking you to make uncontroversial edits.  We are only
> > asking you not to cause conflict, which is something everyone should
> > be doing all the time.  I will take into account any harassment you
> > get.
> >

> "Causing conflict" is one of these things that mean what people decide it
> does in the moment.  (Like, perhaps, "reverting".)  And anyway I certainly
> *could* make nothing but uncontroversial edits for a time, anyone could, so
> what would that prove?  The relevant material is what happened when I was
> not under these restrictions.  In those days I was struggling to defend
> Wikipedia's credibility and content, as I believe I have shown.

Since you *could* do it then why don't you just do it?  What it would
prove is that you *can* edit uncontroversially.  I would love to be
proved wrong on this.

Theresa