[WikiEN-l] Trivia and popular culture sections

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:33:49 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, John Lee <johnleemk at gawab.com> wrote:
> Information in trivia sections should not be there at all -- it either
> belongs elsewhere in the article, or it does not belong there at all.
> While I accept that people will just add the trivia section back (with
> more indiscriminate information), that doesn't mean the section should
> be kept. Ideally the information in it should be merged with another
> section of the article (or used as the basis for a new section), or
> removed entirely. I've never found a piece of trivia that didn't fall in
> either of the latter categories.

You are effectively arguing for Trivia sections to be treated as
temporary unsorted collections of information in search of a home.
This is quite a nice idea, but perhaps a different name rather than
"trivia" woul capture it better?

PS is there any momentum yet behind the idea of renaming the classic
sections "references" and "external links" as "sources" and "further
reading", respectively?

Steve