[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:42:40 UTC 2006

> >I think I'm going to have to take a serious look at AfD, because if it
> >is this far broken, there's something seriously seriously worse about it
> >than I thought.
>

> Well, uh, yeah, that's what I've been saying for a year ;-)
>
> I suggest first going to and participating in [[WT:AFD]], outlining
> the problems and asking for AFD regulars to come up with in-house
> solutions.

I was going to suggest some text like the following at the top of
deletion policy:

The priorities for participants in Articles for Deletion are as
follows, '''in this order''':
#Removing articles harmful to Wikipedia and its goals, such as
copyright violations and libellous material.
#Improving badly-written articles on suitable topics, to produce
articles worthy of inclusion.
#Keeping all articles on suitable topics
#Removing articles whose topics are not notable enough or otherwise
suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia.
#Following deletion process with good faith and civility.

...followed by some examples of conflicting priorities, and how it's
ok to occasionally violate policy when it is clear what the best end
result would be.

Steve