[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:08:20 UTC 2006

> It has already happened, on webcomics - a dedicated few editors worked
> hard to alienate and drive off actual experts (while an actual
> academic expert who's a Wikipedian tried to stop it happening), and
> tried to force through that an expert could be outvoted by the proudly
> ignorant. This led to Comixpedia forking the contributor base. Others

Ah, is *that* what the repeated hushed murmurs about webcomics being
evil is all about. Is there any kind of public "We're sorry, it won't
happen again"?

> have seen this debacle and declared they want to have nothing to do
> with Wikipedia while it perpetrates this sort of jawdropping idiocy,
> and I'm having a very hard time convincing them otherwise. They don't

What are the possible solutions? Can we give people cluestars when
they have formal expertise on a subject?

(on that note...I'm just thinking if I would deserve any cluestars. I
can think of one tiny area of human knowledge on which I'm an expert,
but that's it...very humbling)

Steve