[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon Feb 27 04:08:16 UTC 2006

On 27 Feb 2006 at 00:27, "Steve Bennett" <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> It also seems to me that "ignorance-based debates" are not in
> themselves harmful, provided that there are mechanisms such that they
> don't drown out the informed. Everyone's worst nightmare is the 10
> pokemon fans drowning out the tenured professor in his own field. But
> does it actually happen?

It can cut both ways... would you want a bunch of tenured professors
passing judgment as to the notability of a Pokemon-related article?

One hopes that, in general, people of all levels of expertise and
interest use some common sense in their AfD participation and pay
some heed to the writings of others with more knowledge and interest
in the particular topic on which the article is written.

--
== Dan ==