[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of userpages

Geoffrey Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Feb 26 05:54:44 UTC 2006

In all of this discussion of deleting userpages (which would deprive me
of some thoughtful essays, such as [[User:Wetman]]'s comments on a valuable
Wikipedia article), has any of the participants noticed that there are at
least two contests for the "Best user page"?

If attention devoted to user pages is attention & resources taken from
Wikipedia -- & therefore a Bad Thing -- then maybe someone should talk to
these horrible people who are encouraging people to improve their  user pages.
(Even though Jimbo's own page is one of those nominated by one group as
worthy of consideration.)

Or perhaps consider that this maillist has become an ivory tower, disconnected
with the daily actions of Wikipedia. But I am often wrong in my conclusions.

]honestly not attempting to be sardonic[
Geoff