[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 24 16:49:00 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder wrote:
> Actually moral absolutes do have a role. But sending you straight to
> hell is not a good option. Next time, if the only notable thing about
> a person is that they are pitiful, consider whether that is notable
> enough to balance the damage it does to Wikipedia to include it.

Please, the demonization of people we disagree with in this thread is
getting ridiculous. I don't think a single one of the people who've been
arguing that an article on Peppers is notable enough to have is arguing
that it's just because he "looks funny." He's being said to be notable
because of the _fad_ that's sprung up around his unusual appearance. We
don't have an article about [[Marty Feldman]] just because he looked
funny either.