[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Feb 24 04:31:05 UTC 2006

On 22 Feb 2006 at 19:13, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:

> Joshua Griisser wrote:
> > I'm almost speechless with rage at Jimbo's unilateral deletion of the
> > encyclopedia article [[Brian Peppers]]
>
> It wasn't unilateral.  It was an in-process deletion of recreated AfD'd
> content.  Read FCYTravis' history of the article on the talk page.

>From the history, I see that, while the first few AfDs were indeed
overwhelmingly in favor of deletion, and from what I hear about the
content of the article at that time, it almost certainly deserved it.
However, later versions became much more balanced and reasonable, and
sentiment in the AfDs was turning more toward keeping.  So, unless
you hold to the view that "AfD is Forever", etched in stone and
unchangeable for all time, there is some cause for rethinking the
deletion at this point.  After all, you yourself reopened the AfD for
[[Jeremy Rosenfeld]] after a "Keep" result you disagreed with, so you
clearly *don't* hold the opinion that AfDs are infallible or
irreversible.

--
== Dan ==