[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:03:36 UTC 2006

On 2/24/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:

> The more specific issue facing us is: To what extent ought we to censor
> Wikipedia out of concern for human dignity?

Quite a lot, I should hope.

We're in the business of education, not titillation.  We should feel
comfortable in drawing the line pretty sharply on the side of
education.  If a private individual, which this man certainly is,
suffers indignity because of our actions, then we should definitely
spend some time reconsidering our actions.

A year seems about right.  if the article really is so necessary to
Wikipedia that we should disregard or set aside such concerns.  Or
five years.  Let's not rush in making such a difficult and possibly
very damaging decision.