[WikiEN-l] Newest admin abuse on Wikipedia: Voter intimidation

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri Feb 24 02:46:42 UTC 2006

G'day Josh,

> Our project's most destructive administrator, Kelly
> Martin, has now stepped into the realm of voter
> intimidation, by *blocking* [[User:Grue]] for a support
> vote on [[User:Djr xi]]'s Request for Adminship. The
> excuse was "personal attacks", even though the vote in
> question did not mention anyone by name. This is a
> blatant attempt to intimidate voters on this request
> for adminship.

Bullshit.  He wasn't blocked for "a support vote" at all, and that's an
incredibly stupid thing to say.  For shame.

I personally don't believe the block was warranted (there's a thread on
AN/I about it, I'm sure you haven't forgotten how to find it), and I'm
pleased to see it was overturned almost immediately.  However, Grue's
comment was unfair and incivil and rather insulting, and Kelly's block
was made in good faith.

<snip hyperbole />

> I'm more disgusted by all of this than I can possibly
> express.

The other day you were speechless with rage; now you're unable to
enunciate your true level of disgust.  I think us rogue admins ought to
take up a collection to buy you a thesaurus and dictionary; it may help
you on such difficult issues as how to express yourself in print.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"