[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of userpages

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:08:54 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, most people seem to be strongly in favour of keeping their user
> pages for storing work in progress or their favourite links.  My next
> question:
>
> What is the worst possible thing that could happen if no one else
> could see your user page?
>
> Apart from a couple of vague references to babel boxes, no one seems
> to have indicated much that would be lost without a public userpage.

In case you missed it the first time, deleting the userpages of my
accounts would eliminate the following:

* The ownership statement for OrphanBot.
* The description of what OrphanBot does and does not do.
* OrphanBot's current task status.
* OrphanBot's current development status.
* The statement that all my edits are multi-licensed into the public domain.

Also, in the past, it would have eliminated:

* My criteria for the use of fair-use images in featured articles (now
mostly part of [[Wikipedia:Fair use]]).

--
Mark
[[User:Carnildo]]