[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Sigvat Stensholt sigvats at mi.uib.no
Thu Feb 23 08:01:30 UTC 2006

I was the admin who deleted the Brian Peppers article after the first AFD
(then VFD). I have looked at the two versions, both the one I deleted and the
one Jimbo Wales deleted. They are not "substantially identical".

The version which was AFDed back in June was a silly fake newspaper type
report, which was just disgusting. The last version was more neutral, and
looked a bit like an encyclopedia article.

Sorry Jimbo, but I don't agree that deleting it was an in process application
of G4. Nonetheless, it is your prerogative to make such decisions, and I also
agree that we probably should not have an article on the subject. If I had
voted in any of the AFDs it would probably have been to "delete".

Sjakkalle