[WikiEN-l] Time to finish this userbox war once and for all

Minh Nguyen mxn at zoomtown.com
Thu Feb 23 05:01:56 UTC 2006

Fastfission wrote:
> The Babel boxes were really no help in this -- unless I'm totally out
> of the loop, I don't know of any way to do a JOIN type query in this
> (i.e. both native German and English speakers), and both of those
> categories individually have far too many people to look them over in
> any sort of systematic way. And of course none of that really gets at
> the question of who has recently edited. In the end I just gave up on
> trying to find someone (eventually someone the text I wanted
> translated, which worked just as well, but of course the fact that it
> was a relatively common language on En helped with that).

Try
<http://tools.wikimedia.de/~daniel/WikiSense/CategoryIntersect.php?wikilang=en&wikifam=.wikipedia.org&basecat=User_en-N&mode=cs&tagcat=User+de-N>.

Incidentally, a few weeks ago, Pietras1988 at the Polish Wikipedia
<http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedysta:Pietras1988> contacted me
(most likely via a Babelbox), asking me to translate a little Polish
town called Kurów into Vietnamese. By the looks of the interwiki links
on that article now, it looks like Pietras1988 contacted quite a few
people. That town now has the distinction of being described in Gothic
and Aramaic, of all languages.

--
Minh Nguyen <mxn at zoomtown.com>
AIM: trycom2000; Jabber: mxn at myjabber.net; Blog: http://mxn.f2o.org/