[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny - Harry Reid

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Feb 23 03:21:44 UTC 2006

Sue Anne Reed wrote:
> In this
> instance, with Harry Reid's staff, they are making a very open request
> to Jimbo and the others in WP:OFFICE to identify things that they
> disagree with in the article about Reid.

I want to strongly point out that WP:OFFICE is not designed or intended
to change *anything* about NPOV or the community process of editing
articles.  Often, Danny will not be using it to protect articles, but
just to remove a section while asking people not to add it back without
cites.

This is a great way to handle disputed bios, and it has been quite
successful when I have done it myself.  In many cases, I have nuked
entire articles with a kind request that they be very carefully sourced,
and the net result has been very good.

But, I'm on the road again, and it's hard for me to do this in a timely
fashion, especially when a telephone complaint comes to the office.