[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Feb 22 14:08:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:46:01 +0100, you wrote:

>> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:41:03 -0500, you wrote:
>> Which does more harm, having and fighting over an article which has
>> been accused by some in good faith of actively contributing to the
>> mimetic process, or stepping back and having nothing to do with it?

>If "stepping back" means banishing the topic from Wikipedia, then I
>would consider such a precedent potentially very harmful.

I don't see it being banished, I see Jimbo saying let's all walk away
and come back if anyone still cares in a year.  What's the rush?  My
view is that no topic should be added until at least a year after it
happens, in order to allow formation of a proper perspective, there is
no rush to scoop anyone. Wikinews is that way ----->
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk