[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Death Phoenix originaldeathphoenix at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:28:51 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:41:03 -0500, you wrote:
> > Which does more harm, having and fighting over an article which has
> > been accused by some in good faith of actively contributing to the
> > mimetic process, or stepping back and having nothing to do with it?
>
> If "stepping back" means banishing the topic from Wikipedia, then I
> would consider such a precedent potentially very harmful.

I agree, especially because the article didn't show the image, nor did it
provide much in the way of information about Brian *the person* (only Brian
the meme). That said, this is Jimbo's project. If he says the article is
banned for a year, it's banned for a year. We my grumble about it (heck, we
already *are*), but ultimately, what Jimbo says, goes.