[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Ben Emmel bratsche1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:13:10 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Ben Emmel <bratsche1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I hold the opinion that any article on this man is not going to be NPOV,
> > since the only reason he is popular is because Peppers is unfortuantely
> > stricken with a condition that makes him look funny.
>
> Not entirely - the person has a Snopes.com entry, and is a registered
> sex offender in Ohio.
>
> I'm not endorsing it one way or another (for now), but it's certainly
> not a "slam dunk" case.
>
> -Andrew (User:Fuzheado)

No, I do agree that it's not a open-and-shut decision. But like Jimbo said,
if we still care about this article in a year, then we can argue then. It's
a pretty good way to find out notability. My logic goes like this: a person
with a disability is not inherently notable, a sex offender is not
inherently notable, so a combination of the two is only barely notable.
Given that we should have high editorial standards, I think our Brian
Peppers slips beneath our bar.

If I was him, or a member of his family, I certainly wouldn't want it up
there.

--
Ben Emmel
Wikipedia - User:Bratsche