[WikiEN-l] Jimbo and his strategy

Death Phoenix originaldeathphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:20:32 UTC 2006

While I don't agree with everything you're saying or the way you're saying
it, you make one interesting point: if Jimbo just came right out now and
said "You are only allowed to have this sort of userbox, and you are only
allowed to have x amount of them", this userbox fiasco would come to an end:
admins can go around deleting them and all the userbox defenders would have
nothing (concrete) to say about it. Conversely, if Jimbo said "all userboxes
are fine", the userbox defenders are free to keep their userboxes, the
admins will know not to delete anything, and we'll all be fine.

I'm sure that part of the reason he hasn't is because he doesn't know what
the right solution is, but the longer he waits, the longer this whole
userbox fiasco's going to play out. But signs are really beginning to point
to the fact that Jimbo will need to make an official decree about this whole
mess.

I think Jimbo came pretty close to expressing his wishes with the Template
CSD, but there will likely come a time when we need him to make a stronger
and more official statement on Wikipedia.