[WikiEN-l] I propose adding a community namespace

stevertigo vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 05:27:01 UTC 2006

--- Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to think that a community space would work,
> but I can only
> see it filling up with trolls, malcontents and
> timewasters.  If
> someone wants to start an external community wiki or
> forum for people
> who happen to use Wikipedia, it isn't very difficult
> to do.

While your fears may have some substance, again, a
hardline approach would appear to be entirely
anti-wiki and out of character for the reasonable
people who run this site. Keep in mind that a separate
namespace wouldnt exist just to separate content from
community --but to make pruning within the community
space easier by keeping it within community rules.

Regards,
Steve