[WikiEN-l] Improvements to diffs

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 10:57:33 UTC 2006

On 2/18/06, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Red text in diffs is too hard to read. Maybe something
> like a blue-purple would be better.
>
> Red chould be used for minor specific changes, if
> there be a way to differentiate between different
> string lengths, but thats getting too much into the
> workings of the diff module...

'''Support'''

What I would also like is a way of jumping from the diff code to the
appropriate place in the actual text. When someone adds a chunk of
text and formatting, I like to see if they've formatted correctly,
appropriately etc. On longer articles it takes a while to find where
the actual text appears below.

So it seems the software could generate anchors #Dif1, #Dif2 etc, and
provide links to them next to the changes.

Steve