[WikiEN-l] A thought about "in popular culture" sections

Snowspinner Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 18:46:56 UTC 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 3:18 AM, Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
> How about computer and video games? What if no-one else has ever
> written
> about it? Should we not have articles on them?

The real killer, actually, is ironically academic works. Tons of
major 20th century theorists in English haven't had secondary sources
written that neatly summarize them. Plenty that use their thought for
other ends or that disagree with them, but those are both problematic
as sources for obvious reasons.

The NOR policy does provide for this sensibly, though - primary
sources are acceptable sources, so long as you don't engage in
"novel" interpretation of them.

The problem is that this often does allow for the "in popular
culture" sections.

-Phil