[WikiEN-l] A thought about "in popular culture" sections

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:34:10 UTC 2006

On 2/18/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about computer and video games? What if no-one else has ever written
> about it? Should we not have articles on them?

I find it hard to believe there exists a shipped game that nobody
wrote a word about, ever.

For one thing, there's the developers/manufacturers - ad copy, documentation.

Then there are things like magazine reviews, new product announcements
in the press, etc.

There's online reviews and news for anything published after the late 80s or so.

The problem is that most of these sources are ephemeral and possibly
hard to lay hands on.

-Matt