[WikiEN-l] Userboxes: A radical proposal

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 23:31:12 UTC 2006

On 2/17/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> User pages are functional and serve the purpose of the project.

Oh defo.  Having said that, I got rid of my actual front page and
redirected it to the talk page.  People can get a pretty good picture
of what I'm about *in the wikipedia context* from my interactions, and
for people who want more there are heaps and heaps of subpages with
all kinds of stuff.  Contact lists, old watchlists, sandboxes, all
kinds of stuff.

An advantage of collapsing user and talk pages into one is that it
immediately simplifies your signature. There's only one page to link
to.