[WikiEN-l] Userboxes: A modest proposal.

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:21:23 UTC 2006

> I've suggested this on the workshop page of the Tony Sidaway RFAr
> (which is basically the AC case that had *better* deal conclusively
> with the userbox issue) and I present it here for your esteemed
> dissection.

I't won't it doesn't have enough coverage for that.

> "The Arbcom recommends to Jimbo a declaration as policy:
> * Rather than permitting all userboxes and disallowing only the worst
> ones, policy shall follow the model on de: and move to certain
> userboxes being permitted and all others limited or forbidden.
> * Userboxes for human languages spoken and for geographic location are
> unlimited.

Are timezones geographic locations?

> * A user may display three other userboxes, whether by template, page
> transclusion, code substitution, image or other means. Other userboxes
> may be subject to deletion discussion on WP:TFD,

Define userbox. Three is excessive and I'm claiming interlectal
property rights on the idea of multi issue userboxes (so no one can
use it)

>: except those
> susceptible to speedy deletion under T1."

T1 is an abuse of CSD.
> Cutting the Gordian knot.
> * de: has Babel and location only and has yet to collapse in user
> civil war. I deliberately didn't include "and others per community
> consensus" as
>    (a) purported "community consensus" going against the actual aims
> of the project was how we got into this mess;

I seem to recall it had something to do with a load of mass deletion
reducing the posibilty of rational negotation.

>    (b) any attempted "community consensus" on the subject of
> userboxes has become a festering mess of sockpuppets, meatpuppets,
> getting the vote out, wheel warring, process-addict querulousness
> versus hipshooting IAR and several multi-volume fantasy epics' worth
> of flamewars.

Yes it has made AFD seem quite peacful by comparision. Quite an
atchivement considering we appear to be being trolled by YTMND at the
moment.

> * The "or other means" takes care of the userbox warriors.

No it won't. Trust me on this. It will make their rule lawyering more
entertaining though.

> * Where you take bad userboxes to kill them is spelt out.

Userboxes are not killed. They are baked in an autocave then burried
under a mountian along with outher high level waste.

--
geni