[WikiEN-l] Complaint purportedly from the subject of a biography

Jon thagudearbh at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 19:28:02 UTC 2006

If there is information in the biography that hasn't been verified (or is even the sort of thing that is unverifiable) then it just shouldn't be in the article. Remove everything that is not supported by a citation to a reputable source.

  Jon

Nan Desu-ka? <wikidesuka at gmail.com> wrote:
  A user claiming to be the cult X-rated film star Tove Jensen (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tove_Jensen), has appeared on that
article's talk page and complained about some of the details in the
article posing a danger to her and her family. (see the diffs
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Tove_Jensen&diff=39744088&oldid=39743955
and http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Tove_Jensen&diff=next&oldid=39744088)

The specific facts in the article that this user is complaining about
are fairly unverifiable. Of course, I'm not sure to what extent this
user's identity as the subject of the biography is verifiable, either.
Input on the proper way to proceed here would be welcome.

I normally don't post to the mailing list, but since this is
potentially a foundation issue and I know there have been similar
controversies in the past, I wanted to bring it to the attention of
whoever needs to know, in case we have a lawyer-mandated process for
such claims.

-Nandesuka