[WikiEN-l] Tracking banned user Andrew Morrow

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:29:15 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:
>On 2/15/06, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> rolling back every edit from him I see (making the edit again by hand
>> if it's a good one). If you see any edits fitting the pattern, please

>Why?  Not questioning you, but I haven't heard of doing this before.

It's routine with banned editors to revert everything they do - and
many banned editors mix in good edits, and accidentally hitting those
is a common form of collateral damage from cleaning up after a banned
editor.

So if I revert all and remake the good edits, the good edits stay in
Wikipedia but aren't associated with the banned editor - so that if
others are also following him about, they don't accidentally revert a
good edit. It's a bit more work for me, but hopefully means less work
for others.

- d.