[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Feb 15 14:11:20 UTC 2006

On 15 Feb 2006, at 13:53, Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
>> I agree: the minimum standard for informativeness should be fairly
>> low, but rigorously enforced. I recently created [[DMExpress]], with
>> this line of text (plus link to website, and category):
>>
>> DMExpress is an [[ETL]] tool designed primarily for performance. It
>> uses a proprietary database.
>>

> I recently created [[Directivity]], which has a stub notice and a
> reference. I'd have {{prod}}ed yours as "software which doesn't
> explain
> notability, no incoming links, advertising" (and I still might).

I think DMExpress is really bad. Using ETL, a TLA link is completely
useless as I dont know what it is without clicking. The fact it uses
a proprietary database, well its not clear why that is the one
interesting fact about it. Surpsised it wasnt {{prod}ded yet.

Directivity is a perfect stub I think, much better than my recent
[[Frognal]] that I fell asleep while writing.

Justinc