[WikiEN-l] Babylon Ltd using Wikipedia - press release questions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:58:54 UTC 2006

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060214/uktu013.html?.v=48
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-14-2006/0004281390&EDATE=

  OR YEHUDA, Israel, February 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Babylon Ltd., the leading
  provider of single-click translation and information access software, and
  Wikipedia the free-content, user edited encyclopedia, today announced the
  launch of the Wikipedia as part of Babylon's solution.

    [...]

  "Our collaboration with Wikipedia is the first of its kind for Babylon".
  said Alon Carmeli, VP Sales and Marketing, Babylon Ltd.

Dropping our name so as to imply a more active collaboration than
downloading a database dump ... that seems slightly questionable
behaviour. Unless, of course, there was an active collaboration with
Babylon Ltd?

- d.