[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:56:13 UTC 2006

On 2/15/06, Sigvat Stensholt <sigvats at mi.uib.no> wrote:
> criterion of little or no context. So when you push the save button on a new
> article make sure that you have made an attempt at answering
>
> *What/Who IS the subject?
> *Why should the reader care?
> *Could this article be useful to anyone?

I agree: the minimum standard for informativeness should be fairly
low, but rigorously enforced. I recently created [[DMExpress]], with
this line of text (plus link to website, and category):

DMExpress is an [[ETL]] tool designed primarily for performance. It
uses a proprietary database.

I think this is enough information to be usfeul for someone who just
wants to know what the hell this product is that they saw mentioned
somewhere. I might even argue that with just the first sentence it is
sufficient to tell the reader what category of software the product
is, and what makes it different.

Do others agree with this?

Steve